Here are some shots of Angel and me at Party Like it’s 1929. This is a fantastic period party thrown by the wonderful Datri Bean. We danced through the night and sipped apricot liquor. I made my necklace out of a chandilier from work! It made such music as I moved. It is double-sided so the strands hang down the back just as they do the front.
My headband is from the ever-so-fantastic Louise Black (of Project Runway season 6!) I have been buying headbands from her for years and I love the accent they give each outfit. This one is a delicate green ribbon with glass pieces and a deco brooch. So lovely!
I finally got my makeup right tonight when I turned on the “sepia” setting of Photo
booth and just did my makeup in the computer camera as if I was in a sepia picture! I think I am always too timid to really darken my eyes but having the sepia setting let me know where to put the dark shadows and highlights. Guilherme looked very handsome dressed up in a vest and proper suspenders. He shaved his moustache into a Clark Gable shape and I think it fits him very well.
- Yellow Poppy headband – made by me
- Yellow American Apparel shirt – I wish they still made this style
- Black beaded necklace
- Black overalls – Buffalo Exchange (originally from Urban Outfitters)
- Black Tstraps – Buffalo Exchange
- Cat playing a violin on the Moon Shopping bag – Japanese Import
It’s hot and there’s lots of bees around, so while sweeping some off my window sills, I thought, “Why not dress as a bee today?” I’m going to a flapper party tonight so I’m working on my chorus girl poses. I love the cartoonish proportions of this headband and it always makes people smile and remark when I wear it, which is always a very good reason to keep on wearing it! This headband inspiration is totally nicked from Chantel aka November West from some of the cutie poppy headbands that she wears. She looks just like the cover of some 1920s songbooks I have!
- Silver earrings with ladies’ hands
- Headband from Louise Black with vintage flowers and lace
- Vintage navy dress – thrifted (& repaired many times!)
- Bow belt to some old gold dress long lost
- Blue American Apparel socks
- White Tstraps
When in doubt, monochrome!