- Red satin bow
- Russian Red lipstick – by MAC
- 1950s? cotton cowgirl dress – Buffalo Exchange, Eugene, OR
- Black flats – Target
Snow White and the DeZurick Sisters combined into some kind of all mighty country singing dainty dame, they might make an outfit that looks a bit like this one. I love the silhouette of this dress! I rescued it from Buffalo Exchange a few years ago for a mere $11. It was marked down because of a rather simple rip at the neckline, which I turned into a lower geometrical neckline with a little mending. I just adore the puffy sleeves, the lace trim, and the simple blue/brown square pattern.
I topped the outfit off with lots of loopy kisscurls and a big red bow to compliment the Snow White vibe.
It’s still an amazing 107F in Texas! I cannot wait for a month to pass… I know in September that I’ll be able to wear real outfits again! It’s so bright outside today that this was my best squinting shot that still shows off all four kiss curls!
- Scrap of white lace used as a headband
- Pink Victorian/Lolitaesque Hello Kitty Cellphone charms made into earrings
- 1950s vintage dress with chair/flowerpot print – Nobody’s Baby, Eugene, OR
- Vintage gingham apron – ebay
- Pink stripey socks
- Target White ballet flats
My 27th birthday is in three days, and in preparation, I’m wearing a dress I bought for myself on my 25th birthday when I lived in Eugene, Oregon. The sad fact of my wardrobe is that I’m fatally attracted to navy dresses – I have at least seven! On the surface, they are difficult to match because black or brown staples clash. I’ve now been able to match them with white shoes and lots of fun, patterned accessories.
- Pink knit hat – Urban Outfitters
- Red/Pink/Gold/Purple dress – Buffalo Exchange (the tie to the dress is wrapped around my head)
- Black Stretchy belt Red socks – Urban Outfitters
- White T-Strap mary janes – Dollhouse
- Fancy manicure that got ruined at work
- First truly sweet strawberry of the season
My house caught fire in January, and all of us had to move out, but now I’m BACK to my house! After a long time of waiting, the construction is finally far enough along so that a few of us can move in before the August 22nd re-opening date!!!