- Blue lace headband from Louise Black
- Blue dress with pleats and brown beads from Anthropologie via Buffalo Exchange
- Black socks and T Strap High Heels – Target
In this photo I’m standing in a doorway in the French Quarter of New Orleans – my friend Paul kept yelling “Beautify! Beautify!” while taking my picture so I kept smirking.
I had a lovely time in New Orleans. I left very early in the morning on Friday, right after the US shot at the moon. I had dreams all night that it was going to shoot back! I slept on and off during the bus ride through the sheets of rain and miles and miles of murky swamps.
- Red ribbon with fake poppy headband – made by me
- Seed pearl necklace – made by me
- 1940s lace gown with matching bolero
- Navy belt
- Seamed stockings with garter holding them up. The garter has little flapper faces hand painted on them.
- Navy shoes from Remixvintage via Trashy Diva in New Orleans
- Vintage Tapestry Bag
Here I am at my gallery opening of Deep.Down.Dirty, Female Sexuality in the South at Antenna Gallery, New Orleans. It was a successful show, and I’ve sold half of it so far! I have worn this dress on many different occasions, but it was so long that I had stepped on the lace while going up stairs many many times. I had planned on clipping around the flowers for a while, and I’m halfway pleased with the way it turned out. I still think it looks a little kinderwhore!
Me and Roxanne (from persephassa.com) at the opening of Inappropriate Covers at Brown University in April , 2009. I’m wearing the dress at full length here without the bolero. Look how cute Roxanne is!