1. The chickens keep eating berries off this bush – do you know what type of plant it is? I need to look it up to make sure it’s okay for them to eat (ETA: Chile Piquin!). I can’t trust them to make their own healthy eating decisions. I caught them eating a discarded fast food chicken carcass that a construction worker had left in the backyard, ICK!
2. Annette HENshaw digs in the fall leaves for worms
3. Austin Phonograph Company went on a field trip to a second grade classroom and played some records. The students danced or clapped along with the music – and there was some waltzing and Gangnam-style riding of the pony.
4. I was SO sick with the flu last week, so I amused myself by watching Georges Melies films,
5. Bela Lugosi films,
6. and some Felix the cat cartoons.
7. Kitty Buick posed for Dr. Sketchy’s and wore an authentic rhinestone dancer’s outfit from the 1920s. (More photos!)
8. I finished a new embroidery for my etsy store.
9. Fun new game: chickens will play “football” with udon noodles, thinking they are worms.
It’s only been today and yesterday that it has been cold in Texas – and surprisingly, ice cream sales have been soaring! I made this S’mores sundae with toasted marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs, and home-made chocolate sauce in a waffle bowl yesterday.
Later this month, Sweet Ritual has been invited to cater an art opening inspired by “On The Road.”
If you could eat an ice cream that was inspired by Jack Kerouac, what would it taste like?