- Sage green knit dress from the 20s(?), gift from my mother
- Antique peach bed jacket with lace trim and lace heart pocket, Charm School Vintage
- Belt is actually a headband with antique lace and crystals from Louise Black
- Peachy lace collar from the 30s was gifted to me by my roommate
- Pink socks, American Apparel
- Mary Janes, Payless
Point of fashion: Today I met up with Sophie of The Marvelous Vintage Tea Party at a bridal expo in the Texas Hill Country. Sophie throws fabulous themed tea parties with real fine China, tiny sandwiches, and French Macaroons. I came with my phonograph, and decided to coordinate my outfit with the hand painted flowers on the bell of my phonograph, which run in the families of peach, sage, mint, and pink.
The period between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Eve is the most popular time for couples to get engaged, thus, there are a lot of newly minted financees! This is the most exciting time to catch people because the path to their wedding days are still quite wide. They show off their engagement rings, talk about their party, and dreamily sigh about wedding dress shopping. They aren’t “in the woods” yet, merely surveying the storybook forest.
I made a little collage of the day, featuring a bridal tea party design by The Marvelous Vintage Tea Party: